ELSA-2020-1797 - binutils security and bug fix update
- Forward-port of Oracle patches from 2.30-68.0.2.
- Reviewed-by: Elena Zannoni
- Backport the non-cycle-detecting-capable deduplicating CTF linker
- Backport a fix for an upstream hashtab crash (no upstream bug number),
triggered by the above.
- Fix deduplication of ambiguously-named types in CTF.
- CTF types without names are not ambiguously-named.
- Stop the CTF_LINK_EMPTY_CU_MAPPINGS flag crashing.
- Only emit ambiguous types as hidden if they are named and there is already
a type with that name.
- Make sure completely empty dicts get their header written out properly
- Do not fail if adding anonymous struct/union members to structs/unions that
already contain other anonymous members at a different offset
- Correctly look up pointers to non-root-visible structures
- Emit error messages in dumping into the dump stream
- Do not abort early on dump-time errors
- Elide likely duplicates (same name, same kind) within a single TU (cross-
TU duplicate/ambiguous-type detection works as before).
- Fix linking of the CTF variable section
- Fix spurious conflicts of variables (also affects the nondeduplicating linker)
- Defend against CUs without names
- When linking only a single input file, set the output CTF CU name to the
name of the input
- Support cv-qualified bitfields
- Fix off-by-one error in SHA-1 sizing
- Remove bogus assertion. (#1801879)
- Allow the BFD library to handle the copying of files containing secondary reloc sections. (#1801879)
- Ensure 8-byte alignment for AArch64 stubs.
- Add CTF support to OL8: CTF machinery, including libctf.so and
libctf-nonbfd.so. The linker does not yet deduplicate the CTF type section.
- Backport of fix for upstream bug 23919, required by above
- [Orabug: 30102938] [Orabug: 30102941]
- Fix a potential seg-fault in the BFD library when parsing pathalogical debug_info sections. (#1779245)
- Fix a potential memory exhaustion in the BFD library when parsing corrupt DWARF debug information.
- Re-enable strip merging build notes. (#1777760)
- Fix linker testsuite failures triggered by annobin update.
- Backport H.J.Lus patch to add a workaround for the JCC Errata to the assembler. (#1777002)
- Fix a buffer overrun in the note merging code. (#1774507)
- Fix a seg-fault in gold when linking corrupt input files. (#1739254)
- NVR bump to allow rebuild with reverted version of glibc in the buildroot.
- Stop note merging with no effect from creating null filled note sections.
- Stop objcopy from generating a exit failure status when merging corrupt notes.
- Fix binutils testsuite failure introduced by -60 patch. (#1767711)
- Enable threading in the GOLD linker. (#1729225)
- Add check to readelf in order to prevent an integer overflow.
- Add support for SVE Vector PCS on AArch64. (#1726637)
- Add fixes for coverity test failures.
- Improve objcopys ability to merge GNU build attribute notes.
- Stop the linker from merging groups with different settings of the SHF_EXCLUDE flag. (#1730906)
|Release/Architecture||Filename||MD5sum||Superseded By Advisory|
|Oracle Linux 8 (aarch64)|| binutils-2.30-73.0.1.el8.src.rpm||36548423a42780a8de4a83eab6567b5f||-|
|Oracle Linux 8 (x86_64)|| binutils-2.30-73.0.1.el8.src.rpm||36548423a42780a8de4a83eab6567b5f||-|
This page is generated automatically and has not been checked for errors or omissions. For clarification
or corrections please contact the Oracle Linux ULN team